    SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for May 23 (sound/soc/codecs)
    On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 03:53:43PM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
    > On Tue, 24 May 2011 06:47:28 +0800 Mark Brown wrote:

    > > case, please talk to the architecture maintainers about this - it's an
    > > issue in the architecture GPIO support (or lack thereof) rather than a
    > > driver problem.

    > except that a driver should not assume that defines like
    > GPIOF_OUT_INIT_LOW are always available.

    No, really we should. The GPIO APIs are stubbed out when not in use for
    a very good reason, think about the usability here. The goal here isn't
    to litter the code with ifdefs - if architectures aren't able to keep up
    with API changes they should convert to using gpiolib so this stuff
    happens automatically (indeed, I can't think of any good reason for an
    architecture to not be using gpiolib at this point).

    > > Also adding Dmitry who submitted the driver - Randy, please try to
    > > remember to CC relevant people.

    > Which driver did Dmitry submit? how would I know that?
    > I don't download every linux-next git tree -- just linux-next tarballs.

    I *strongly* suggest looking at git if you want to find relevant people
    to mail; the internal documentation in the code really isn't a terribly
    useful guide, the authors listed in the code often bear no relation to
    who's actually working on it at the current time.

    > and wm8915.c says:
    > MODULE_AUTHOR("Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>");

    You've clearly not looked at MAINTAINERS for this one.

      Last update: 2011-05-24 02:11    [W:0.020 / U:30.004 seconds]