    Subject(Short?) merge window reminder
    So I've been busily merging stuff, and just wanted to send out a quick
    reminder that I warned people in the 39 announcement that this might
    be a slightly shorter merge window than usual, so that I can avoid
    having to make the -rc1 release from Japan using my slow laptop (doing
    "allyesconfig" builds on that thing really isn't in the cards, and I
    like to do those to verify things - even if we've already had a few
    cases where arch include differences made it less than effective in
    finding problems).

    And judging by the merge window so far, that early close (probably
    Sunday - I'll be on airplanes next Monday) looks rather likely. I
    already seem to have a fairly sizable portion of linux-next in my
    tree, and there haven't been any huge upsets.

    So anybody who was planning a last-minute "please pull" - this is a
    heads-up. Don't do it, you might miss the window entirely.

    Did I miss any major development mailing lists with stuff pending?

    PS. The voices in my head also tell me that the numbers are getting
    too big. I may just call the thing 2.8.0. And I almost guarantee that
    this PS is going to result in more discussion than the rest, but when
    the voices tell me to do things, I listen.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-05-23 21:17    [W:0.020 / U:63.696 seconds]