SubjectRe: [v3 00/39] faster tree-based sysctl implementation
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Eric W. Biederman
<ebiederm@xmission.com> wrote:
> I will mention a couple of nits I noticed while I was skimming through
> your patches.
> - There can be multiple proc superblocks and thus multiple inodes
>  referring to the same /proc/sys file, if there are multiple pid
>  namespaces.

OK. I'll revert the patch that make converts an int counter into an u8
and post an update. I guess this is what you were referring to.
https://github.com/luciang/linux-2.6-new-sysctl/commit/b7a547b8ce7484ae22eea34a860f674fcb19c11b

> - I have a hope to move /proc/sys into /proc/<pid>/sys so we don't have
>  to look at current to determine the namespace we want to display.
>  That would allow the deeply magic sysctl_is_seen check to be removed
>  from proc_sys_compare.  That is not your problem, but of an
>  explanation why the namespaces are passed through.

OK, I'll go an change things to pass the current namespace as it were
before my changes.

Thank you.
--
 .