SubjectRe: [RFC] ARM Subarchitecture group maintainership
2011/5/19 Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>:
> On Thursday 19 May 2011, Barry Song wrote:
>> 2011/5/19 Nicolas Pitre <nico@fluxnic.net>:
>> > On Thu, 19 May 2011, Barry Song wrote:
>> > Something like that.  The exact details will be fleshed out as we go.
>> > The idea is to give a round of review from a higher point of view to
>> > make sure no opportunities for code reuse is missed, etc.  The mechanics
>> > of how this code transitions from this tree into mainline during the
>> > merge window is secondary.
>>
>> i asked this because we wanted to send the source codes of
>> CSR(http://www.csr.com) to upstream as i have told you in LDS. it
>> looks like we need to follow the below new changes to make our source
>> codes acceptable?
>> 1. arm device tree
>> 2. new pinmux framework from Linus Walleij
>> 3. move GPIO from plat/mach to drivers/gpio?
>
> I would count at least the last two as mandatory, for the device tree,
> it depends on how much work it would be for you to do the conversion
> and at what time you submit the series. The longer you wait before
> submitting the series, the stricter the requirements will get.
>
> Do you have a diffstat or a git tree with your work available?

not yet by now. it should be coming in the middle of next month. we
have workable codes but need a lot of refinations before sending
patches for review. it is more like a new begin from scratch, so
arm/arch changes should be things we can catch.