    SubjectRE: various vmbus review comments
    Date

    I must be missing something here. As I look at the block driver (and
    this is indicative of other drivers as well); the exit routine -
    blkvsc_drv_exit, first iterates through all the devices it manages
    and invokes device_unregister() on each of the devices and then
    invokes vmbus_child_driver_unregister() which is just a wrapper on
    driver_unregister(). So, if I understand you correctly, you want the devices to
    persist even if there is no driver bound to them. So, if I eliminated the code
    that iterates over the devices and unregisters them, that should fix the problem
    and I can do this without changing the vmbus core interfaces.

    Regards,

    K. Y

      Last update: 2011-05-10 15:03    [W:0.025 / U:30.376 seconds]