SubjectRe: r8712u cannot set essid
From
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:32 PM, Larry Finger
<Larry.Finger@lwfinger.net> wrote:
> On 04/25/2011 10:26 PM, Jeff Chua wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Larry Finger<Larry.Finger@lwfinger.net>
>>  wrote:

>>> Please try the attached patch.
>>
>> Tried, but didn't make any difference.
>>
>> Now I can make adhoc work 100% if I first put the device in wpa2
>> infrastructure and associates it with an AP. Then kill the
>> wpa_supplicant process, and start a new wpa_supplicant with adhoc
>> config.
>>
>> If I just start with the wpa_supplicant adhoc config, it'll never set the
>> ssid.
>>
>> So, something is not right in the r8712u module or may be the firmware?
>
> I must have something wrong in my setup, thus my testing did not work. There
> is another place in the code where the setting of parameters requires the
> interface to be connected. Please try the attached patch.

Larry,

I hacked it a bit more, and now, it's all working. I'll send you the
patch shortly. Adhoc mode works now, and I've confirmed that my iPhone
can connect to it, get an IP and surf the net! The device is so tiny
and was contemplating on trying another brand.

Thanks,
Jeff