    SubjectRe: Could I (ab)use bus (struct bus_type) for virtual Broadcom bus?
    2011/4/15 Peter Stuge <>:
    > Rafał Miłecki wrote:
    >> > On other hand just broadcom-specific bus looks like good alternative
    >> > too but here I just fail to decide on relevant naming.
    >> Just bcmamba / bcmaxi?
    > Do bcm make any other (different) busses that would warrant a more
    > specific name, hinting somehow at the wireless cards specifically?
    > Or is it just cool to have a short name? Me I always like short names.

    I don't think Broadcom is going to publish new cards based on AMBA
    with totally different cores discovery, agent (wrapper) programming,
    etc. However of course we never know that and I think Broadcom does
    not as well.

    Of the other point there is no sense in calling it
    bcm_amba_axi_for_wifi as I believe we can meet other devices than just
    wifi on this architecture. So let's just call it bcmamba and there is
    not other much better solution. If in the future we will hit some
    problems we can always try some renaming, aliasing... we will see.

      Last update: 2011-04-16 16:03    [W:0.023 / U:16.960 seconds]