SubjectRe: Strange block/scsi/workqueue issue
Hello,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 03:43:56PM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> Heh, you're welcome, but this is for some value of debug. There's still
> something strange going on on your box causing extreme delays in the way
> we do stuff. I took advantage of the delays to explore some races in
> block and SCSI, which is what got fixed .. I've still no idea what the
> actual root cause of the delays is.

A lot of thanks for tracking down all the issues. Something is
definitely strange with Steven's setup tho.

> Now we need to huddle and decide what we're doing in block and SCSI. I
> think Tejun's patch with the moved signal for queue destruction patch
> would probably work as well.

Steven, can you be enticed to try the combination? I'll prep a
combined patch and post it but please beware that I'm currently in a
rather zombish state - sleep deprived, jet lagged and malfunctioning
digestion - so the likelihood of doing something stupid is pretty
high.

Thanks.

--
tejun

  Last update: 2011-04-13 07:21    [W:0.051 / U:7.032 seconds]