    Subjecthurd 0.401 is released!
    Hello,

    There are rumors that Duke Nukem Forever will actually be released in
    Apr^WMa^WJune 2011, so there's no escape for the Hurd any more, we had
    to finish and release. There has been considerable progress lately,
    so it is with great pleasure that the Hurd maintainers team decided
    to release version 0.401 of the GNU/Hurd Operating System. As the
    version number and image size suggest, this is only a small preview
    of course, but we expect GNU/Hurd to be of production-quality within
    the third millenium, to be sure.

    A LiveCD demo is available on
    http://people.debian.org/~sthibault/hurd-0.401/hurd-0.401.iso
    and can be trivially tried using
    qemu -cdrom hurd-0.401.iso

    We hope that you will appreciate its features and speed.

    Are you interested in contributing to the GNU Hurd project? Just
    request an shell account on one of our servers and get started.

    http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/public_hurd_boxen.html

    It is also worth noting that like in previous years, GNU/Hurd runs
    for the GSoC program, details can be found on

    http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/community/gsoc.html

      Last update: 2011-04-01 10:51    [W:0.022 / U:30.772 seconds]