SubjectRe: [patch] x86, mm: Clean up initmem_init
From
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:

>> It's a matter of style and I think it's up to Ingo what he'd prefer to
>> see.
>
> I think your variant is cleaner: hiding function call side-effects in conditionscan
> be a fragile thing to do. We want constant expressions with no side-effects - so if
> functions are called they should be constant functions as well.

Well, we do it a lot with say strcmp and others so I would use rather
semantic argument,
but I agree that David's version is easier to read and mark same time
that these functions
are important steps in bootup procedure. So I'm sorry for proposing
this change in first place.