    SubjectRe: regression - 2.6.36 -> 2.6.37 - kvm - 32bit SMP guests don't boot
    > Zach,
    >
    > I don't understand 100 % the logic behind all your tsc changes.
    > But kvm-clock-wise, most of the problems we had in the past were related
    > to the difference in resolution between the tsc and the host clocksource
    > (hpet, acpi_pm, etc), which in his case, it is a non-issue.
    >
    > It does seem to me like some compensation logic kicked in, dismantling
    > an otherwise good tsc. He does have nonstop_tsc, which means it can't
    > get any better.
    >
    > One thing I noticed when reading the culprit patch in bisect, is that in
    > vcpu_load(), there were previously a call to
    >
    > kvm_request_guest_time_update(vcpu)
    >
    > that was removed without a counterpart addition. Any idea about why it
    > was done?
    >
    > Nikola, does adding that line back alleviate the problem for you ?
    Hello Glauber,
    kvm_request_guest_time_update seems to have been renamed and then
    removed since then, but I've added
    kvm_make_request(KVM_REQ_CLOCK_UPDATE, vcpu);
    instead and now the guest boots!
    So maybe missing clock update is really the culprit here?
    What do You guys think?
    n.

    > --

    -------------------------------------
    Ing. Nikola CIPRICH
    LinuxBox.cz, s.r.o.
    28. rijna 168, 709 01 Ostrava

    tel.: +420 596 603 142
    fax: +420 596 621 273
    mobil: +420 777 093 799

    www.linuxbox.cz

    mobil servis: +420 737 238 656
    email servis: servis@linuxbox.cz

      Last update: 2011-03-06 11:19    [W:4.026 / U:2.372 seconds]