    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] omap changes for v2.6.39 merge window
    On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 11:50 +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
    > Given this thread, I've lost the motivation to continue with it because
    > it's just going to cause more 'pointless churn' and end up annoying
    > Linus even more.

    I don't think the criticism was directed at the core ARM code that you
    maintain (Ingo and others even praised it). I also don't think that you
    stopping maintaining it would help in any way with this situation.

    We probably shouldn't take criticism personally. Linus has some points
    which the ARM community is aware of already since there is ongoing work
    for consolidating the platform code (recent v2p patches, SMP-on-UP, FDT
    and probably more will come) only that this won't happen overnight. If
    you stop merging any of these, there's definitely no way out (other than
    doing the work separately for the next two years and replacing the
    arch/arm in a single pull request).

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-03-31 14:41    [W:0.021 / U:70.544 seconds]