SubjectRe: [Qualcomm PM8921 MFD 2/6] mfd: pm8xxx: Add irq support
Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 08:38:03PM -0800, Abhijeet Dharmapurikar wrote:
>> Mark Brown wrote:
>
>>> Is it really useful to register a struct device purely for the interrupt
>>> controller? I'd have expected this to be core functionality of the
>>> device. The fact that you need to store the device at all is a bit odd
>>> too as you're using the MFD API.
>
>> This design is slightly different from other MFD drivers.
>> I separated the interrupt from the core because the interrupt
>> implementation for different Qualcomm pmics remains the same. On
>> 8660 FFA boards for example, we have two pmic chips that have the
>> same interrupt subdevice implementation (the number of interrupts
>> managed by each is different). I didn't want to duplicate the exact
>> code in the core driver - hence a separate interrupt driver.
>
> Could you deal with this with a library instead?

Can you please clarify what a library means here?

>> pm8xxxx_read_block
>
>> Do you still think I should change the name?
>
> I'd suggest adding an _irq in there.
Ok will do.

--
Sent by an employee of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. The Qualcomm
Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum.

  Last update: 2011-03-03 23:57    [W:0.397 / U:0.004 seconds]