SubjectRe: [patch 1/8] tpm_tis: Use timeouts returned from TPM
On 03/29/2011 10:34 AM, Rajiv Andrade wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Some comments:
>
> On 03/15/2011 08:13 AM, Stefan Berger wrote:
>> v3:
>> - sysfs entry now called 'durations' to resemble TPM-speak (previously
>> was called 'timeouts')
>>
>> v2:
>> - adjusting all timeouts for TPM devices reporting timeouts in msec rather
>> than usec
> This is a bugfix that's different than the one you originally sent, can you
> submit this as a separated patch? This is mainly for easier debug in the
> future, so each feature/bugfix/commit can be tested separately.
Originally I sent a patch that corrected the evaluation of the return
code within the TPM's response and introduced the sysfs entry. I did not
scale the MEDIUM and LONG timeouts, which then caused the problems on
the Infineon TPM and the patch was removed. I then introduced the
scaling of the MEDIUM and LONG timeouts, which seems necessary as a
consequence to working with the TPM-reported timeouts. Then adding a
sysfs entry to it is an additional feature. I'd split this patch in 2
patches where the 2nd one introduces the sysfs entry. Is this ok with you?

Stefan

  Last update: 2011-03-29 18:47    [W:0.405 / U:0.216 seconds]