SubjectRe: [RFC] perf: EBNF for event syntax
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:58:10 +0200
Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl> wrote:

> Groups are most useful in measuring events on another base, which is
> basically mandatory if your primary event doesn't have sampling
> support itself.

Just FYI...

When I was looking at group event support for SH (because the hardware
doesn't have sampling support) I was trying to avoid the user being
required to setup the groups on the command-line, e.g. I wrote it so
that the group event creation was all done "behind the scenes".

For those architectures/platforms that are missing sampling support I
still think that group event creation should be as invisible as
possible.

  Last update: 2011-03-28 10:55    [W:0.054 / U:1.748 seconds]