SubjectRe: TTY loosing data with u_serial gadget

> In essence if you get a value from receive_room it's a guarantee you may
> send that many bytes, it is not a precise instantaneous perfect answer to
> the question "exactly what number of bytes could fit at this precise
> moment".

Hi

I have no problem with having more space available than guarantied by
the value of receive_room. But what I see is that the value can be less!
Data will be lost.
My test showed:
data to queue=201
receive_room (guarantied space) =287
real space in queue =0
In the last mail I attached the code for printing, the read_lock was only
added to show a constistant view of all current values.

Stefan

  Last update: 2011-03-18 22:23    [W:0.043 / U:4.484 seconds]