SubjectRe: isci for 2.6.39?
On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 16:02 -0800, Dan Williams wrote:
> Given the impending opening of the 2.6.39 merge window I would like to
> discuss the options for merging the isci driver. Review has been
> intermittent which is understandable given the size and flux of the
> codebase. It has received a good amount of cleanups, but additional
> review issues and cleanups are still all too easy to spot. I know you
> have expressed reservations about taking scsi drivers through -staging
> in the past [1], so I would like to propose an alternative. Merge the
> driver into scsi-misc but with a -staging style TODO file that tracks
> the review issues. If the TODO file is not addressed by the 2.6.40
> window the driver would be moved to -staging. This has the benefit of
> keeping the driver under your purview and expected location, but still
> have the imminent prospect of being de-staged to ensure the community's
> concerns are ultimately addressed. We fully intend to maintain the
> current momentum on the driver cleanup effort and be ready in advance of
> 2.6.40.

Given that you only posted the core files today, I think it's a bit late
for the 2.6.39 merge window, which will be opening in under a week.

You could send it all to staging ... it's just that pretty much seems to
guarantee no SCSI review, which is what you seem to need at the moment.

> As a side note I'm still looking for a disposition for:
> "libsas: flush initial device discovery before completing ->scan_finished()" [2]
> "libsas: fix/amend device gone notification in sas_deform_port()" [3]

I thought I commented ... I'll go back and dig them out of email.

James

  Last update: 2011-03-11 01:13    [W:0.036 / U:0.604 seconds]