    SubjectRe: NFS regression in (current stable)
    On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Dr Andrew John Hughes
    <> wrote:
    > [Please CC me on responses as I'm not subscribed]
    > Hi,
    > I seem to have uncovered a regression in the NFS code between 2.6.37 and
    > caused by this changeset:
    > commit 55ea499d60aefa3d03a77fc8590c26b5881faa92
    > Author: Trond Myklebust <>
    > Date:   Sat Jan 8 17:45:38 2011 -0500
    > NFS: Don't use vm_map_ram() in readdir
    > With this change applied, copying of files between NFS and non-NFS
    > mounts seems to be broken.  The easiest way I've found to replicate
    > this myself is to use a VCS to do a clone of a tree on a NFS mount to
    > a directory on a non-NFS mount.  I used Mercurial, as I had Mercurial
    > trees to hand from work on IcedTea, but I assume doing it with a git
    > tree such as the linux tree would also work.  The idea is to do
    > something which involves copying over a bunch of directories and
    > checking the result is readable.
    > $ hg clone $HOME/projects/openjdk/icedtea6-hg
    > destination directory: icedtea6-hg
    > updating to branch default
    > abort:
    > data/contrib/templater/hotspot/src/cpu/CPU/vm/bytecodeInterpreter_CPU.inline.hpp.i@16d04ce16287:
    > no match found!
    > In the above, $HOME is an NFS mount and $PWD is a local reiserfs
    > partition.  I initially hit failures doing builds with source on $HOME
    > and the build directory on a local reiserfs partition.  In that
    > scenario, it would fail as not being able to find files that should
    > have been copied over.
    > Reverting the changeset fixes the issue. still has the bug.
    > I haven't checked yet but I didn't see any NFS changes in there.

    There's some more discussion here:

    Greg, Trond, as this is a regression in -stable, I wonder if it's best
    that we just revert the commit?

      Last update: 2011-03-10 20:37    [W:0.040 / U:43.560 seconds]