    SubjectRe: I do not know if this is the correct place to ask about this but...
    On 8 February 2011 20:52, Clemens Ladisch <> wrote:
    > dave b wrote:
    >> I do not know if this is the correct place to ask about this but...
    >> [Hardware Error]:
    > This is a hardware error that was detected by the kernel.
    >> I have only seen the following output output twice
    >> ... Corrected error
    >> ... L3 ECC data cache error.
    > There was a wrong bit in your CPU's level 3 cache, but with the help of
    > the redundant error correction bits, this was caught and corrected.

    Yep I got that.

    > (If possible, enable background scrubbing of the caches in the BIOS ECC
    > settings to catch these errors earlier.)

    Ok I will look into that.

    > If this is an overclocked CPU or one with an unlocked core, you deserve
    > what you got.  Otherwise, if this happens repeatedly, it indicates
    > a hardware defect, and your warranty should cover this.

    Ok fair enough.

    The cpu is not overclocked.
    I forgot to list the hardware specifications:
    cpu is a AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor
    running on a ASUS M4A88TD-M motherboard.

      Last update: 2011-02-08 11:07    [W:0.020 / U:9.364 seconds]