    SubjectRe: I do not know if this is the correct place to ask about this but...
    dave b wrote:
    > I do not know if this is the correct place to ask about this but...
    >
    > [Hardware Error]:

    This is a hardware error that was detected by the kernel.

    > I have only seen the following output output twice
    >
    > ... Corrected error
    > ... L3 ECC data cache error.

    There was a wrong bit in your CPU's level 3 cache, but with the help of
    the redundant error correction bits, this was caught and corrected.

    (If possible, enable background scrubbing of the caches in the BIOS ECC
    settings to catch these errors earlier.)

    If this is an overclocked CPU or one with an unlocked core, you deserve
    what you got. Otherwise, if this happens repeatedly, it indicates
    a hardware defect, and your warranty should cover this.

    Regards,
    Clemens

      Last update: 2011-02-08 10:53    [W:0.022 / U:332.776 seconds]