SubjectRe: Funny perf
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 05:21:48AM -0500, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 19:26 +0100, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> >
> > so this looks like some of the samples do not belong in the perf.data
> > output with that garbled cpu field. It lets me also assume that the
> > sample->time field is also crap so the timestamp check is falsely
> > tripped.
>
> Most interesting, I haven't tried to reproduce, but it does sound
> smelly.
>
> I did have a quick peek at some code I suspected but that all seems in
> order. I guess someone will have to sit down and figure this out proper,
> if nobody steps up I guess it'll have to be me, but that also means it
> might take a while since I've got some other pending stuff to stare at
> before this :/

Same here, I'll try to play with this a bit more when I get a free
window. I think the first step should be if someone else tries
reproducing this to see whether it really is reproducible or there's
something wrong with my setup.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
Einsteinring 24, 85609 Dornach
General Managers: Alberto Bozzo, Andrew Bowd
Registration: Dornach, Gemeinde Aschheim, Landkreis Muenchen
Registergericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 43632

  Last update: 2011-02-23 13:31    [W:0.050 / U:0.480 seconds]