SubjectRe: e1000e EEPROM corruption
Hi,

The thread on the list is quite old, but I think I have the same problem
problem on
Toshiba Tecra M5 laptop with 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller runling
Linux 2.6.38-rc5.
I can see this:
e1000e 0000:02:00.0: (unregistered net_device): The NVM Checksum Is Not
Valid
when I try to load e1000e module.
Ethernet controller is visible in lspci output.

I had such problem few times earlier but it used to disappear after few
hours.
Now the network card don't like to work from two days.

When I try to remove NVM check from the driver code the driver says:
(unregistered net_device): Invalid MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
So I assume that there are zeros in EPROM of my network adapter.
I can not use ethtool to read or write EPROM of my card because there is
no eth0 device.
I have access to the same laptop, so I can get correct EPROM contents.
Still I don't know how to put this to my card.

Could you tell me how to reprogram my card?

Regards,

Maciek

W dniu 17.10.2008 15:59, Karsten Keil pisze:
> Hi,
>
> so after this ugly bug is finally fixed, here maybe left some victims of
> this bug.
>
> If here is still sombody who need help to recover from this issue,
>
> I can probably help him, I successful recovered all machines on our side,
> even one which do not longer show the NIC via lspci, so the only restiction
> is, that the machine still boots and we have a NVM image of a similar
> machine.
> You should know the PCI ids of the NIC from the time before it crashed and
> the MAC address.

  Last update: 2011-02-22 15:49    [W:0.073 / U:0.212 seconds]