    SubjectLinux 2.6.38-rc6
    Hmm. Another week, another -rc. This one has the fix for the rather
    annoying (but also very rare) memory corruption that we were battling
    for a couple of weeks - but since I suspect only two people ever saw
    it, I doubt most of you care. It was a big relief for _me_ to have it
    resolved, though, so I'll mention it anyway. There's another patch for
    a related issue pending, it will go in soon.

    Diff-wise, the most noticeable thing here is removal of the /proc
    interface from the target code (so that we don't make a release with
    deprecated interfaces). But ignoring that (and some arm mach/map.h
    cleanup patches), the diffs really are pretty small.

    But what is probably actually noticeable is a lot of small fixups,
    mostly in drivers. Nothing really exciting, I'm afraid. Or not afraid,
    since excitement at this stage in the -rc series is a bad thing.

    I do want to remind developers to please take a look at Rafael's
    latest regression list (I particularly care for the "since 2.6.37",
    but I feel compelled to ask people to look at the 36->37 regression
    list too.

    And for the people who actually reported the regressions (or didn't,
    but have found new ones) - please do update the status of the
    regression. Some of them I'm really feel a lot more happy about if
    they had a note that "yes, I tested with -rc6, and the problem is
    still there". We've fixed a fair number of problems, so it's always
    good to have regression reporters ping us with something like "hey,
    I'm still here, and you may have fixed all those other things, but you
    didn't fix my issue".

    Linus

    ---
    Ahmed S. Darwish (2):
    Documentation: complete crashkernel= parameter documentation
    Documentation: explain [KMG] parameter suffix

    Akinobu Mita (2):
    sparc: use bitmap_set()
    sparc: fix size argument to find_next_zero_bit()

    Alex Deucher (1):
    drm/radeon/kms: add missing frac fb div flag for dce4+

    Amir Hanania (1):
    ixgbe: work around for DDP last buffer size

    Andrew Vasquez (1):
    [SCSI] qla2xxx: Return DID_NO_CONNECT when FC device is lost.

    Andy Gospodarek (1):
    ixgbe: fix panic due to uninitialised pointer

    Andy Whitcroft (1):
    ecryptfs: read on a directory should return EISDIR if not supported

    Axel Lin (1):
    ARM: SAMSUNG: Drop exporting s3c24xx_ts_set_platdata

    Bao Liang (1):
    Bluetooth: Set conn state to BT_DISCONN to avoid multiple responses

    Ben Skeggs (4):
    drm/nouveau: fix non-EDIDful native mode selection
    drm/nv40: fix tiling-related setup for a number of chipsets
    drm/nouveau: flips/flipd need to always set 'evict' for
    move_accel_cleanup()
    drm/nouveau: fix suspend/resume on GPUs that don't have PM support

    Casey Leedom (4):
    cxgb4vf: Check driver parameters in the right place ...
    cxgb4vf: Behave properly when CONFIG_DEBUG_FS isn't defined ...
    cxgb4vf: Quiesce Virtual Interfaces on shutdown ...
    cxgb4vf: Use defined Mailbox Timeout

    Catalin Marinas (1):
    ARM: 6676/1: Correct the cpu_architecture() function for ARMv7

    Cho, Yu-Chen (1):
    Bluetooth: add Atheros BT AR9285 fw supported

    Chuck Ebbert (1):
    block: revert block_dev read-only check

    Clemens Ladisch (4):
    hwmon: (jc42) fix type mismatch
    hwmon: (jc42) more helpful documentation
    hwmon: (jc42) do not allow writing to locked registers
    hwmon: (k10temp) add support for AMD Family 12h/14h CPUs

    Dan Carpenter (1):
    [SCSI] target: iblock/pscsi claim checking for NULL instead of IS_ERR

    Daniel Hellstrom (1):
    sparc32: unaligned memory access (MNA) trap handler bug

    Daniel Walker (1):
    MAINTAINERS: email address change

    Darrick J. Wong (1):
    [SCSI] scsi_debug: Fix 32-bit overflow in do_device_access
    causing memory corruption

    David Henningsson (3):
    ALSA: HDA: Add position_fix quirk for an Asus device
    ALSA: HDA: Conexant auto: Handle multiple connections to ADC node
    ALSA: HDA: Do not announce false surround in Conexant auto

    David S. Miller (4):
    hisax: Fix unchecked alloc_skb() return.
    iwlwifi: Delete iwl3945_good_plcp_health.
    isdn: hisax: Use l2headersize() instead of dup (and buggy) func.
    sparc64: Fix NMI startup bug which also breaks perf.

    Dmitry Torokhov (1):
    module: explicitly align module_version_attribute structure

    Eliad Peller (1):
    mac80211: add missing locking in ieee80211_reconfig

    Eric Dumazet (2):
    net: provide default_advmss() methods to blackhole dst_ops
    net: deinit automatic LIST_HEAD

    Francisco Jerez (3):
    drm/nv10: Fix crash when allocating a BO larger than half the
    available VRAM.
    drm/nv04-nv40: Fix NULL dereference when we fail to find an LVDS
    native mode.
    drm/nouveau: Fix detection of DDC-based LVDS on DCB15 boards.

    Fubo Chen (1):
    [SCSI] target: fixed missing lock drop in error path

    Giuseppe Cavallaro (1):
    stmmac: enable wol via magic frame by default.

    Guenter Roeck (1):
    MAINTAINERS: Remove stale hwmon quilt tree

    Heiko Carstens (2):
    [S390] atomic: use ACCESS_ONCE() for atomic_read()
    [S390] atomic: use inline asm

    Herbert Xu (4):
    crypto: sha-s390 - Reset index after processing partial block
    bridge: Fix mglist corruption that leads to memory corruption
    bridge: Fix timer typo that may render snooping less effective
    bridge: Replace mp->mglist hlist with a bool

    Hiroaki SHIMODA (1):
    xfrm: avoid possible oopse in xfrm_alloc_dst

    Horst Hartmann (1):
    [S390] net: provide architecture specific NET_SKB_PAD

    Ian Campbell (2):
    arp_notify: unconditionally send gratuitous ARP for NETDEV_NOTIFY_PEERS.
    xen: suspend and resume system devices when running PVHVM

    Indan Zupancic (1):
    drm/i915: Do not handle backlight combination mode specially

    Ivan Vecera (1):
    drivers/net: Call netif_carrier_off at the end of the probe

    James Bottomley (1):
    [SCSI] qla2xxx: Fix race that could hang kthread_stop()

    Jan Beulich (1):
    hwmon: (lm85) extend to support EMC6D103 chips

    Jeff Layton (1):
    cifs: fix handling of scopeid in cifs_convert_address

    Jesper Juhl (4):
    Don't potentially dereference NULL in net/dcb/dcbnl.c:dcbnl_getapp()
    USB Network driver infrastructure: Fix leak when
    usb_autopm_get_interface() returns less than zero in kevent().
    Net, USB, Option, hso: Do not dereference NULL pointer
    ATM, Solos PCI ADSL2+: Don't deref NULL pointer if
    net_ratelimit() and alloc_skb() interact badly.

    Jesse Brandeburg (2):
    e1000e: check down flag in tasks
    e1000e: flush all writebacks before unload

    John Fastabend (1):
    net: dcb: application priority is per net_device

    John Stultz (2):
    RTC: Revert UIE emulation removal
    RTC: Re-enable UIE timer/polling emulation

    Kashyap, Desai (3):
    [SCSI] mptfusion: mptctl_release is required in mptctl.c
    [SCSI] mptfusion: Fix Incorrect return value in mptscsih_dev_reset
    [SCSI] mptfusion: Bump version 03.04.18

    Keng-Yu Lin (1):
    dell-laptop: Toggle the unsupported hardware killswitch

    Kukjin Kim (5):
    ARM: S5PV310: Cleanup map.h file
    ARM: S5PV210: Cleanup map.h file
    ARM: S5PC100: Clenaup map.h file
    ARM: S5P6442: Cleanup map.h file
    ARM: S5P64X0: Cleanup map.h file

    Kurt Van Dijck (1):
    net/can/softing: make CAN_SOFTING_CS depend on CAN_SOFTING

    Linus Torvalds (5):
    vfs: fix BUG_ON() in fs/namei.c:1461
    Expand CONFIG_DEBUG_LIST to several other list operations
    net: dont leave active on stack LIST_HEAD
    Revert "tpm_tis: Use timeouts returned from TPM"
    Linux 2.6.38-rc6

    Maciej Sosnowski (1):
    RDMA/nes: Don't generate async events for unregistered devices

    Madhuranath Iyengar (1):
    [SCSI] qla2xxx: Change from irq to irqsave with host_lock

    Marek Olšák (1):
    drm/radeon/kms: do not reject X16 and Y16X16 floating-point
    formats on r300

    Marek Szyprowski (2):
    ARM: S5PV210: Update max8998_platform_data
    ARM: S5PV210: Fix regulator names

    Martin Schwidefsky (1):
    [S390] correct ipl parameter block safe guard

    Matt Carlson (1):
    tg3: Restrict phy ioctl access

    Matthew Garrett (1):
    acer-wmi: Fix capitalisation of GUID

    Michal Marek (1):
    fixdep: Do not record dependency on the source file itself

    Mike Marciniszyn (2):
    IB/qib: Fix double add_timer()
    IB/qib: Prevent double completions after a timeout or RNR error

    NeilBrown (1):
    nfsd: correctly handle return value from nfsd_map_name_to_*

    Nicholas Bellinger (6):
    [SCSI] target/iblock: Fix failed bd claim NULL pointer dereference
    [SCSI] target: Fix demo-mode MappedLUN shutdown UA/PR breakage
    [SCSI] target: Fix top-level configfs_subsystem default_group
    shutdown breakage
    [SCSI] target: Fix SCF_SCSI_CONTROL_SG_IO_CDB breakage
    [SCSI] target: Remove procfs based target_core_mib.c code
    [SCSI] target: fix use after free detected by SLUB poison

    Nicolas Pitre (2):
    ARM: 6739/1: update .gitignore for boot/compressed
    ARM: 6745/1: kprobes insn decoding fix

    Patrick McHardy (1):
    netfilter: nf_iterate: fix incorrect RCU usage

    Pawel Moll (1):
    ARM: 6740/1: Place correctly notes section in the linker script

    Randy Dunlap (4):
    net: fix ifenslave build flags
    platform/x86: ideapad-laptop depends on INPUT
    Documentation: log_buf_len uses [KMG] suffix
    Docbook: add fs/eventfd.c and fix typos in it

    Raymond Yau (1):
    ALSA: au88x0 - Modify pointer callback to give accurate playback position

    Russell King (4):
    ARM: Ensure predictable endian state on signal handler entry
    ARM: Keep exit text/data around for SMP_ON_UP
    ARM: tlb: delay page freeing for SMP and ARMv7 CPUs
    ARM: tlb: move noMMU tlb_flush() to asm/tlb.h

    Sage Weil (3):
    libceph: fix socket read error handling
    libceph: fix socket write error handling
    ceph: queue cap_snaps once per realm

    Sebastian Andrzej Siewior (1):
    spi/pxa2xx pci: fix the release - remove race

    Seth Forshee (1):
    thinkpad_acpi: Always report scancodes for hotkeys

    Shiraz Hashim (1):
    ARM: 6722/1: SPEAr: sp810: switch to slow mode before reset

    Shirish Pargaonkar (1):
    cifs: Fix regression in LANMAN (LM) auth code

    Srinidhi Kasagar (1):
    ARM: 6741/1: errata: pl310 cache sync operation may be faulty

    Stanislaw Gruszka (2):
    iwl3945: remove plcp check
    PM / Hibernate: Return error code when alloc_image_page() fails

    Stefan Haberland (1):
    [S390] dasd: correct device table

    Steffen Klassert (1):
    ip_gre: Add IPPROTO_GRE to flowi in ipgre_tunnel_xmit

    Steve French (1):
    [CIFS] update cifs version

    Takashi Iwai (1):
    ALSA: caiaq - Fix possible string-buffer overflow

    Tejun Heo (3):
    workqueue: wake up a worker when a rescuer is leaving a gcwq
    workqueue, freezer: unify spelling of 'freeze' + 'able' to 'freezable'
    workqueue: make sure MAYDAY_INITIAL_TIMEOUT is at least 2 jiffies long

    Thomas Abraham (1):
    ARM: S5P: Fix end address in memory resource information for UART devices

    Thomas Gleixner (4):
    platform-drivers: x86: pmic: Fix up bogus irq hackery
    platform-drivers: x86: Convert pmic to new irq_chip functions
    platform-drivers: x86: pmic: Use irq_chip buslock mechanism
    platform-drivers: x86: pmic: Use request_irq instead of chained handler

    Timo Warns (1):
    fs/partitions: Validate map_count in Mac partition tables

    Toshiharu Okada (2):
    pch_gbe: Fix the issue that the receiving data is not normal.
    pch_gbe: Fix the MAC Address load issue.

    Tyler Hicks (3):
    eCryptfs: Revert "dont call lookup_one_len to avoid NULL nameidata"
    eCryptfs: Handle NULL nameidata pointers
    eCryptfs: Copy up lower inode attrs in getattr

    Uwe Kleine-König (1):
    RTC: Release mutex in error path of rtc_alarm_irq_enable

    Vasiliy Kulikov (3):
    platform: x86: tc1100-wmi: world-writable sysfs wireless and jogdial files
    platform: x86: asus_acpi: world-writable procfs files
    platform: x86: acer-wmi: world-writable sysfs threeg file

    Will Deacon (2):
    ARM: 6742/1: pmu: avoid setting IRQ affinity on UP systems
    ARM: 6743/1: errata: interrupted ICALLUIS may prevent completion
    of broadcasted operation

    Yehuda Sadeh (1):
    ceph: keep reference to parent inode on ceph_dentry

    viresh kumar (3):
    ARM: 6720/1: SPEAr: Append UL to VMALLOC_END
    ARM: 6712/1: SPEAr: replace readl(), writel() with relaxed
    versions in uncompress.h
    ARM: 6700/1: SPEAr: Correct SOC config base address for spear320