SubjectRE: 2.6.38-rc2: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 2d on CPU 0.
> > Since a previous BIOS version is known to work I may end up having to do
> > some BIOS-bisecting today...
>
> Ryan,
> Cant say that this patch (https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/1/6/131) worked
> for me since I am not able to reproduce the problem quite reliably and now
> not getting the problem even under the original kernel without this patch.
> Just wondering what triggers this problem.

I found that even with downgrading to the same BIOS as the working systems,
the problem on the newer SR2500 systems remains! There must have been a
recent change in the hardware causing this, or some arcane BIOS setting
that I am overlooking. I still need to rule out our PCI hardware as the
source of the problem, since PCI parity errors seem to be a usual source
of NMIs, but I thought there would be a standard error code in that case...

  Last update: 2011-02-21 17:47    [W:0.038 / U:1.212 seconds]