    SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the msm tree with the arm tree
    Date
    On Wed, Feb 02 2011, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

    > The actual problem here is that some people, notably the msm folks, are
    > bypassing the maintainer hierarchy and going straight to Linus for their
    > pull requests instead of asking RMK to pull. We once debated this at
    > some point and it was agreed that completely independent SOC specific
    > code with no dependencies on the common ARM code _could_ go straight to
    > Linus directly if they crave for it.

    I also have no real problem sending pull requests to RMK instead of
    Linus, as long as it isn't a pain. Linus gives clear directions as to
    how his tree works, and when he expects what kinds of pull requests.
    Weird web-based patch tracking systems are a pain. Pull requests from
    git with a fairly easy way to know when they've been pulled are not.

    I also find that http://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/ is frequently
    inaccessable, and usually slow.

    As it stands, so far, it's been a lot less work for me to send directly
    to Linus, and resolve the issues that come up when they do.

    David

      Last update: 2011-02-03 00:01    [W:0.049 / U:120.920 seconds]