SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the msm tree with the arm tree
Date
On Wed, Feb 02 2011, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> The actual problem here is that some people, notably the msm folks, are
> bypassing the maintainer hierarchy and going straight to Linus for their
> pull requests instead of asking RMK to pull. We once debated this at
> some point and it was agreed that completely independent SOC specific
> code with no dependencies on the common ARM code _could_ go straight to
> Linus directly if they crave for it. But in this case:
>
> 1) the conflict is obviously simple
>
> 2) the conflict resolution is just as obvious
>
> 3) and Stephen is able and willing to carry this conflict resolution for
> the foreseeable future until this all gets merged in mainline.
>
> So... WTF is the actual problem here?

I hadn't really brought this up as a problem, but was mostly wondering
if it was ok to just have Stephen carry the conflict resolution until
the next merge window. The rest of the comments came from Greg.

David

  Last update: 2011-02-02 23:49    [W:0.096 / U:4.400 seconds]