SubjectRegarding SIGSEGV
From
Hi all,

I know that when a thread in an application do invalid memory
reference, OS generates SIGSEGV(segmentation fault) signal and
terminates application. What if we handle this signal by defining a
signal handler to perform to terminate only the thread did invalid
memory reference. So, that the application will not be terminated.
Also, is there any way, we can find when SIGSEGV is generated to get
the invalid memory reference and thread id, who caused this fault. I
know debuggers are written in such fashion. Can anyone point me to
right direction. Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Sri.

  Last update: 2011-02-02 08:11    [W:0.029 / U:6.340 seconds]