SubjectRe: BUG: Bad page map in process udevd (anon_vma: (null)) in 2.6.38-rc4
On Thu 17-02-11 17:35:31, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> > And in addition, I don't see why others wouldn't see it (I've got
> > DEBUG_PAGEALLOC and SLUB_DEBUG_ON turned on myself, and I know others
> > do too).
>
> I've done extensive randconfig testing and no crash triggers for typical workloads
> on a typical dual-core PC. If there's a generic crashes in there my tests tend to
> trigger them at least 10x as often as regular testers ;-) But the tests are still
> only statistical so the race could simply be special and missed by the tests.
>
> > So I'm wondering what triggers it. Must be something subtle.
>
> I think what Michal did before he got the corruption seemed somewhat atypical:
> suspend/resume and udevd wifi twiddling, right?

I wouldn't call it atypical. I just resumed from suspend to RAM and set
up my wireless interface which involved modprobe for iwlwifi[*] (where udev
came into play).

---
[*] - my script for setting up home wireless connection rmmods iwlwifi,
iwlcore mac80211 cfg80211 and then modprobes iwlwifi. It is a relict
from the past where I wasn't able to re-establish the connection in some
cases (well stupid router which totally confused the driver) without
reloading modules. I guess this is no more needed but I was lazy to
touch my scripts when they work.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2011-02-18 09:57    [W:0.110 / U:0.492 seconds]