SubjectRe: I have a blaze of 353 page allocation failures, all alike
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Peter Kruse wrote:

> today one of our servers went berserk and produced literally 353
> page allocation failures in 7 minutes until it was reset
> (sysrq was still working). I attach one of them as an example.
> The failures happened for different processes ranging from
> sshd, top, java, tclsh, ypserv, smbd, portmap, kswapd to Xvnc4.
> I already reported about an incidence with this server here:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/1/19/145

Atomic allocations are failing there? gfpmask = 0x20?

> we have set vm.min_free_kbytes = 2097152 but the problem
> obviously did not go away.

2GB of reserves? How much memory does your system have?

> Please anybody, what is the cause of these failures?

Could you post the entire messages from the kernel log? We need the OOM
info to figure out more about the problem.

  Last update: 2011-02-14 17:51    [W:0.144 / U:0.940 seconds]