SubjectRe: ucb1400_gpio driver Kconfig entry
Date
On Tuesday 01 February 2011 18:26:24 Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Marek Vasut <marek.vasut@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Tuesday 01 February 2011 14:05:13 Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> >> drivers/gpio/Kconfig says:
> >>
> >> config GPIO_UCB1400
> >>
> >> bool "Philips UCB1400 GPIO"
> >> depends on UCB1400_CORE
> >> help
> >>
> >> This enables support for the Philips UCB1400 GPIO pins.
> >> The UCB1400 is an AC97 audio codec.
> >>
> >> To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the
> >> module will be called ucb1400_gpio.
> >>
> >> But you use bool above, so choosing M isn't actually an option.
> >> Maybe you want to resolve this inconsistency.
> >
> > I don't really have any device with ucb1400 available now. I will have
> > some probably sometimes soon though. On the other hand, if you know
> > it's a correct fix, you can send a patch.
>
> This note hasn't got much to do with the driver code itself. Either you
> want to enable compiling the driver as a module, then use tristate
> instead of bool; or it isn't an option and then remove the corresponding
> paragraph from the documentation. The latter is improbable, and a
> quick look at the code seems to confirm that the driver was actually
> intended to be used as a module. So I suggest replacing bool with
> tristate. But I don't know anything at all about this driver or device.

I know what this thing is -- it's a MFD chip with audio/touchscreen/gpio on it.
I'll get to a device with such thing soon, so don't worry. I'll keep this in
ToDo. I think it should be possible to compile this as a module btw.

Cheers

  Last update: 2011-02-01 18:39    [W:0.158 / U:12.628 seconds]