SubjectRe: ucb1400_gpio driver Kconfig entry
Date
Marek Vasut <marek.vasut@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tuesday 01 February 2011 14:05:13 Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> drivers/gpio/Kconfig says:
>>
>> config GPIO_UCB1400
>> bool "Philips UCB1400 GPIO"
>> depends on UCB1400_CORE
>> help
>> This enables support for the Philips UCB1400 GPIO pins.
>> The UCB1400 is an AC97 audio codec.
>>
>> To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the
>> module will be called ucb1400_gpio.
>>
>> But you use bool above, so choosing M isn't actually an option.
>> Maybe you want to resolve this inconsistency.
>
> I don't really have any device with ucb1400 available now. I will have
> some probably sometimes soon though. On the other hand, if you know
> it's a correct fix, you can send a patch.

This note hasn't got much to do with the driver code itself. Either you
want to enable compiling the driver as a module, then use tristate
instead of bool; or it isn't an option and then remove the corresponding
paragraph from the documentation. The latter is improbable, and a
quick look at the code seems to confirm that the driver was actually
intended to be used as a module. So I suggest replacing bool with
tristate. But I don't know anything at all about this driver or device.
--
Regards,
Feri.

  Last update: 2011-02-01 18:29    [W:0.031 / U:7.712 seconds]