    SubjectRe: [Dual-LVDS Acer Iconia laptop] i915/DRM issue: one screen stays off [3.2-rc4+]
    From
    Hi Baptiste,

    On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 22:51, Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste@jonglez.org> wrote:
    > On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 11:00:41AM +0800, joeyli wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi Baptiste
    >>
    >> 於 日,2011-12-04 於 17:07 +0100,Baptiste Jonglez 提到:
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I've got a lot of troubles with a dual-LVDS Acer laptop (it doesn't
    >> > have a keyboard, but two displays with touchscreens)
    >> >
    >> > The Intel GPU is integrated into the Core i5-480M CPU: it's a bit
    >> > older than Sandybridge, as it seems to be based on the Arrandale
    >> > micro-architecture.
    >> >
    >> > In the BIOS, both displays work fine; but as soon as the kernel boots
    >> > up, the second display (i.e. the one where you usually find a
    >> > keyboard) is turned off. The main display works as expected.
    >> >
    >> > xrandr reports two LVDS displays: LVDS1, which is connected, and
    >> > LVDS2, which is marked as "disconnected". No matter what I tried, I
    >> > can't bring that second display up.
    >> >
    >> > During the boot, just after the drm is set up, the following message
    >> > shows up:
    >> >
    >> > [drm:intel_dsm_pci_probe] *ERROR* failed to get supported _DSM functions
    >> >
    >> > (attached is the relevant part of dmesg [1])
    >
    > The second screen works fine with the attached patch. It actually is
    > 6 months old but seems to have been lost in the wild...

    You don't have the problem of the second backlight still off?
    On our Iconia, we need to trigger a special DMI command to set it up
    (SDSS, IIRC).

    > Thanks Benjamin!

    All the credits are from Ajax and somebody else on IRC I don't recall,
    really sorry. Thanks to them.

    Cheers,
    Benjamin.