    SubjectRe: Intercepting system calls
    Gaurav Saxena wrote:
    > Oh. I will not do it then, could you suggest me something so that I
    > could prevent unlink on some file say using kernel support. I want to
    > save file on unlink how could I do that without kernel support, or how
    > could I do that using a kernel module.

    I wrote a library that can be loaded in userspace that does this. It's not
    very polished, but it works for me. I use it for rsync when I want files
    "deleted" but not from the filesystem. It creates a .deleted directory in
    the $PWD.

    If you're interested, I can send it to you. I have it working on i386 and

    Microsoft has beaten Volkswagen's world record. Volkswagen only created 22
    million bugs.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-12-22 20:27    [W:0.019 / U:9.644 seconds]