SubjectRe: Intercepting system calls
Gaurav Saxena wrote:
> Oh. I will not do it then, could you suggest me something so that I
> could prevent unlink on some file say using kernel support. I want to
> save file on unlink how could I do that without kernel support, or how
> could I do that using a kernel module.

I wrote a library that can be loaded in userspace that does this. It's not
very polished, but it works for me. I use it for rsync when I want files
"deleted" but not from the filesystem. It creates a .deleted directory in
the $PWD.

If you're interested, I can send it to you. I have it working on i386 and
amd64.

--
Microsoft has beaten Volkswagen's world record. Volkswagen only created 22
million bugs.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans