    SubjectAndroid mainlining project
    Hello all,

    I would like to announce the beginning of a project to
    make a concerted effort to mainline patches and features
    from Android into the mainline Linux kernel.

    At the recent kernel summit in Prague, there was a discussion
    about re-evaluating some of the Android-specific features
    that are found in Google's android kernel, and looking at
    whether and how to incorporate them into the mainline (kernel.org)
    kernel.

    Various parties, including individual developers, the
    CE workgroup in the Linux Foundation, and a group at Linaro
    have been working on different aspects of this. A wiki
    page and mailing list have been created to help coordinate
    our efforts and avoid duplication and confusion.

    The wiki page for this effort (still under construction) is
    at: http://elinux.org/Android_Mainlining_Project

    There's a mailing list if you wish to follow discussions
    about this project. It's available at:

    If you are interested in this work, please join the mailing
    list or send me an e-mail. Some interesting things are already
    happening. I'll send a status message to the ce-android-mainline
    list in a day or two to let interested parties know what's currently
    going on.

    Regards,
    -- Tim

    Tim Bird
    Architecture Group Chair, CE Workgroup of the Linux Foundation
    Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Network Entertainment

      Last update: 2011-12-20 01:41    [W:0.025 / U:8.820 seconds]