    SubjectAndroid mainlining project
    Hello all,

    I would like to announce the beginning of a project to
    make a concerted effort to mainline patches and features
    from Android into the mainline Linux kernel.

    At the recent kernel summit in Prague, there was a discussion
    about re-evaluating some of the Android-specific features
    that are found in Google's android kernel, and looking at
    whether and how to incorporate them into the mainline (

    Various parties, including individual developers, the
    CE workgroup in the Linux Foundation, and a group at Linaro
    have been working on different aspects of this. A wiki
    page and mailing list have been created to help coordinate
    our efforts and avoid duplication and confusion.

    The wiki page for this effort (still under construction) is

    There's a mailing list if you wish to follow discussions
    about this project. It's available at:

    If you are interested in this work, please join the mailing
    list or send me an e-mail. Some interesting things are already
    happening. I'll send a status message to the ce-android-mainline
    list in a day or two to let interested parties know what's currently
    going on.

    -- Tim

    Tim Bird
    Architecture Group Chair, CE Workgroup of the Linux Foundation
    Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Network Entertainment

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-12-20 01:41    [W:0.022 / U:156.628 seconds]