    SubjectLinux 3.2-rc6
    Ok, people have clearly figured out and are gaming my release timing,
    because over half the commits in -rc6 were merged today.

    And that's purely because I got more merge requests today than I got
    the rest of the week..

    Now, I'll be somewhat generous and just say "ok, people left it to
    Friday before the holidays to push me stuff", and maybe it's not
    gaming the -rc cycle, but in general I *hate* it when it seems like
    people leave their requests to the last moment. So if you did it
    consciously, please just stop. It would be much nicer to just spread
    things out, and have developers that track current -git give reactions
    to things as they come in, rather than having things clump just before
    the -rc release.

    That said, this is still a smaller -rc release than previous ones, and
    things do seem to be calming down. We're at -rc6 now, and while I can
    see myself doing an -rc7, I probably won't do an -rc8 unles something
    bad pops up. There doesn't seem to be any real reason to drag out this
    release any more, and we'll probably have the real 3.2 around new
    years.

    Shortlog appended, the only thing that stands out is that we have
    relatively more fs updates than usual - both btrfs and cifs had some
    sizable (for -rc6) updates here, and there's a few smaller ext4
    commits too. That said, it's still dominated by drivers (block - swim3
    driver - and i915 - more eDP updates), just less than usual. And some
    arm and x86 stuff. The rest is really tiny.

    Nothing really stands out,

    Linus

    ---
    Adam Jackson (2):
    drm/i915: no-lvds quirk for ASUS AT5NM10T-I
    drm/i915/dp: Dither down to 6bpc if it makes the mode fit

    Al Viro (5):
    procfs: fix a vfsmount longterm reference leak
    ... and the same kind of leak for mqueue
    ubifs: too early register_filesystem()
    fuse: register_filesystem() called too early
    configfs: register_filesystem() called too early

    Alex Deucher (1):
    drm/radeon/kms: add some new pci ids

    Alex Hermann (1):
    usb: option: Add Huawei E398 controlling interfaces

    Amit Daniel Kachhap (1):
    ARM: EXYNOS: Fix for stall in case of cpu hotplug or sleep

    Andrea Arcangeli (1):
    ext4: avoid hangs in ext4_da_should_update_i_disksize()

    Andrei Emeltchenko (1):
    Bluetooth: Correct version check in hci_setup

    Andy Fleming (1):
    fsl_pq_mdio: Clean up tbi address configuration

    Antonio Quartulli (2):
    batman-adv: in case of roaming mark the client with TT_CLIENT_ROAM
    batman-adv: delete global entry in case of roaming

    Arnaud Patard (1):
    ARM: 7204/1: arch/arm/kernel/setup.c: initialize arm_dma_zone_size earlier

    Arne Jansen (1):
    btrfs: keep orphans for subvolume deletion

    Ashish Jangam (1):
    gpio: Fix DA9052 GPIO build errors.

    Axel Lin (9):
    bbc_i2c: Remove unneeded err variable
    sbus: convert drivers/sbus/char/* to use module_platform_driver()
    ASoC: Include linux/io.h for jz4740 codec
    ASoC: Fix build dependency for SND_SOC_JZ4740_CODEC
    ASoC: Fix a typo in jive_wm8750
    ASoC: Include linux/module.h for smdk2443_wm9710
    ASoC: Fix hx4700 error handling to free gpios if
    snd_soc_register_card fails
    hwmon: (jz4740) fix signedness bug
    hwmon: (jz4740) Staticise jz4740_hwmon_driver

    Benjamin Herrenschmidt (1):
    block/swim3: Locking fixes

    Bing Zhao (1):
    Bluetooth: btmrvl: support Marvell Bluetooth device SD8797

    Bjørn Mork (1):
    USB: option: Removing one bogus and adding some new Huawei combinations

    Casey Schaufler (1):
    BTRFS: Establish i_ops before calling d_instantiate

    Chris Ball (1):
    mmc: Add module.h include to sdhci-cns3xxx.c

    Chris Mason (4):
    Btrfs: fix btrfs_end_bio to deal with write errors to a single mirror
    Btrfs: add a cond_resched() into the worker loop
    Btrfs: deal with NULL srv_rsv in the delalloc inode reservation code
    Btrfs: unplug every once and a while

    Chris Wilson (1):
    drm/i915/sdvo: Include LVDS panels for the IS_DIGITAL check

    Cong Wang (1):
    btusb: fix a memory leak in btusb_send_frame()

    Dave Young (1):
    loop: fix loop block driver discard and encryption comment

    David Henningsson (2):
    ALSA: HDA: Set position fix to LPIB for an Atom/Poulsbo based device
    ALSA: HDA: Use LPIB Position fix for Intel SCH Poulsbo

    David Herrmann (2):
    Bluetooth: cmtp: Fix module reference
    Bluetooth: bnep: Fix module reference

    David S. Miller (2):
    ipv6: Check dest prefix length on original route not copied one
    in rt6_alloc_cow().
    sparc32: Be less strict in matching %lo part of relocation.

    Djalal Harouni (2):
    ppp: fix pptp double release_sock in pptp_bind()
    fs/ncpfs: fix error paths and goto statements in ncp_fill_super()

    Dong Aisheng (1):
    ARM: mx5: add __initconst for fec pdata

    Eric Dumazet (1):
    sch_gred: should not use GFP_KERNEL while holding a spinlock

    Eugeni Dodonov (3):
    drm/i915: prevent division by zero when asking for chipset power
    iommu: Export intel_iommu_enabled to signal when iommu is in use
    drm/i915: enable semaphores on per-device defaults

    Felipe Contreras (1):
    ARM: OMAP: rx51: fix USB

    Felix Fietkau (1):
    ath9k: fix check for antenna diversity support

    Feng Tang (2):
    gpio-ml-ioh: fix a bug in the interrupt handler
    gpio-ml-ioh: Add the irq_disable/irq_enable hooks for ml-ioh irq chip

    Girish K S (2):
    mmc: core: Fix setting power notify state variable for non-eMMC
    mmc: core: Fix power_off_notify during suspend

    Guennadi Liakhovetski (2):
    mmc: sh_mmcif: fix clock gating on platforms with a .down_pwr() method
    mmc: tmio: fix clock gating on platforms with a .set_pwr() method

    Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira (1):
    ALSA: hda: fix mute led polarity for HP laptops with buggy BIOS

    Hauke Mehrtens (1):
    ssb: fix init regression with SoCs

    Ian Campbell (1):
    xen: only limit memory map to maximum reservation for domain 0.

    Jan Kara (1):
    fs: Make write(2) interruptible by a fatal signal

    Jarkko Nikula (1):
    ARM: OMAP: mcbsp: Fix possible memory corruption

    Jason Chen (1):
    MXC PWM: should active during DOZE/WAIT/DBG mode

    Jesse Barnes (1):
    drm/i915: don't set unpin_work if vblank_get fails

    Jingoo Han (2):
    ARM: SAMSUNG: remove duplicated header include
    ARM: S5PV210: Set 1000ns as PWM backlight period on SMDKV210

    Johannes Berg (1):
    mac80211: fix another race in aggregation start

    Jonathan Neuschäfer (1):
    ASoC: WM8958: correctly show firmware magic on mismatch

    Josef Bacik (6):
    Btrfs: fix num_workers_starting bug and other bugs in async thread
    Btrfs: deal with enospc from dirtying inodes properly
    Btrfs: fix how we do delalloc reservations and how we free
    reservations on error
    Btrfs: fix leaked space in truncate
    Btrfs: don't panic if orphan item already exists
    Btrfs: only set cache_generation if we setup the block group

    Josh Durgin (2):
    rbd: return an error when an invalid header is read
    rbd: remove buggy rollback functionality

    Keith Packard (5):
    drm/i915: add multi-threaded forcewake support
    drm/i915: Hook up Ivybridge eDP
    drm/i915: Treat pre-gen4 backlight duty cycle value consistently
    Revert "x86, efi: Calling __pa() with an ioremap()ed address is invalid"
    drm/i915: By default, enable RC6 on IVB and SNB when reasonable

    Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (1):
    xen/swiotlb: Use page alignment for early buffer allocation.

    Krzysztof Hałasa (1):
    USB: cdc-acm: add IDs for Motorola H24 HSPA USB module.

    Kukjin Kim (1):
    ARM: EXYNOS: Fix build error without CONFIG_LOCAL_TIMERS

    Kuninori Morimoto (2):
    usb: renesas_usbhs: typofix: irq_dtch control DTCHE
    usb: renesas_usbhs: add hcd->has_tt for low/full speed

    Kyungmin Park (1):
    mmc: core: Fix typo at mmc_card_sleep

    Larry Finger (1):
    staging: r8712u: Add new USB ID

    Li Wei (1):
    ipv6: Fix for adding multicast route for loopback device automatically.

    Li Zefan (1):
    Btrfs: fix ctime update of on-disk inode

    Linus Torvalds (3):
    linux/log2.h: Fix rounddown_pow_of_two(1)
    Revert "drm/i915: fix infinite recursion on unbind due to ilk vt-d w/a"
    Linux 3.2-rc6

    Lothar Waßmann (2):
    ASoC: mxs: Add missing MODULE_LICENSE("GPL")
    ASoC: mxs: Add appropriate MODULE_ALIAS()

    Lukas Czerner (1):
    loop: Fix discard_alignment default setting

    Marcos Paulo de Souza (1):
    writeback: Fix issue on make htmldocs

    Mark Brown (2):
    ASoC: Fix WM8996 24.576MHz clock operation
    mmc: sdhci-s3c: Remove old and misprototyped suspend operations

    Matt Fleming (1):
    x86, efi: Make efi_call_phys_{prelog,epilog} CONFIG_RELOCATABLE-aware

    Miao Xie (3):
    Btrfs: fix wrong i_size when truncating a file to a larger size
    Btrfs: fix wrong disk space information of the files
    Btrfs: fix inaccurate available space on raid0 profile

    Mike Snitzer (1):
    block: initialize request_queue's numa node during

    Miklos Szeredi (2):
    fuse: fix fuse_retrieve
    fuse: llseek fix race

    Nicolas Pitre (1):
    ARM: 7186/1: fix Kconfig issue with PHYS_OFFSET and !MMU

    Omar Ramirez Luna (2):
    staging: tidspbridge: include module.h by default
    staging: tidspbridge: request dmtimer clocks on init

    Paul Mackerras (1):
    ext4: Fix crash due to getting bogus eh_depth value on big-endian systems

    Paulo Zanoni (2):
    drm/i915: set the right SDVO transcoder for CPT
    drm/i915: add PCH info to i915_capabilities

    Per Forlin (1):
    mmc: omap_hsmmc: DMA unmap only once in case of MMC error

    Philipp Dreimann (1):
    rtl8192{ce,cu,de,se}: avoid problems because of possible ERFOFF
    -> ERFSLEEP transition

    Richard Zhao (1):
    ARM: imx: fix cpufreq build errors

    Rob Herring (1):
    gpio: pl061: drop extra check for NULL platform_data

    Roel Kluin (1):
    fuse: fix llseek bug

    Sage Weil (4):
    ceph: fix rasize reporting by ceph_show_options
    ceph: use i_ceph_lock instead of i_lock
    crush: fix mapping calculation when force argument doesn't exist
    ceph: fix SEEK_CUR, SEEK_SET regression

    Sascha Hauer (1):
    mmc: mxcmmc: fix falling back to PIO

    Shawn Guo (2):
    net/fec: fix the use of pdev->id
    arm/imx: fix power button on imx51 babbage board

    Stefan Nilsson XK (1):
    mmc: core: Add quirk for long data read time

    Stephen M. Cameron (2):
    cciss: Add IRQF_SHARED back in for the non-MSI(X) interrupt handler
    cciss: fix flush cache transfer length

    Sujit Reddy Thumma (1):
    mmc: core: Fix deadlock when the CONFIG_MMC_UNSAFE_RESUME is not defined

    Ted Feng (1):
    ipip, sit: copy parms.name after register_netdevice

    Tejun Heo (1):
    block: don't kick empty queue in blk_drain_queue()

    Theodore Ts'o (2):
    ext4: fix ext4_end_io_dio() racing against fsync()
    ext4: display the correct mount option in /proc/mounts for [no]init_itable

    Thomas Meyer (1):
    sparc: Use kmemdup rather than duplicating its implementation

    Uwe Kleine-König (2):
    ARM: 7187/1: fix unwinding for XIP kernels
    ARM: unwinder: fix bisection to find origin in .idx section

    Will Deacon (1):
    ARM: 7185/1: perf: don't assign platform_device on unsupported CPUs

    Wolfram Sang (1):
    gpio: mpc8xxx: don't allow input-only pins to be output for MPC5121

    Wu Fengguang (4):
    writeback: comment on the bdi dirty threshold
    writeback: permit through good bdi even when global dirty exceeded
    writeback: set max_pause to lowest value on zero bdi_dirty
    btrfs: lower the dirty balance poll interval

    Yasuaki Ishimatsu (1):
    cfq-iosched: fix cfq_cic_link() race confition

    Yehuda Sadeh (1):
    ceph: add missing spin_unlock at ceph_mdsc_build_path()

    Yinghai Lu (1):
    ibft: Fix finding IBFT ACPI table on UEFI

    Yongqiang Yang (4):
    ext4: avoid potential hang in mpage_submit_io() when blocksize < pagesize
    ext4: correctly handle pages w/o buffers in ext4_discard_partial_buffers()
    ext4: remove a wrong BUG_ON in ext4_ext_convert_to_initialized
    ext4: handle EOF correctly in ext4_bio_write_page()

    Yu Xu (1):
    usb: gadget: storage: release superspeed descriptors.

    majianpeng (1):
    cfq-iosched: free cic_index if blkio_alloc_blkg_stats fails