    SubjectRe: [patch 1/5]thp: improve the error code path
    On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 06:43:58PM -0800, David Rientjes wrote:
    > You're right, but I agree that the #ifdef's just make the function error
    > handling much too complex. Would you mind adding sysfs_*_out labels at
    > the end of the function to handle these errors instead? And I think we
    > should be doing khugepaged_slab_init() and mm_slots_hash_init() before
    > initializing sysfs.
    > Something like
    > out:
    > khugepaged_slab_free();
    > mm_slots_hash_free(); <-- after you remove it from #if 0
    > return err;
    > #ifdef CONFIG_SYSFS
    > sysfs_khugepaged_out:
    > sysfs_remove_group(hugepage_kobj, &khugepaged_attr_group);
    > sysfs_hugepage_out:
    > sysfs_remove_group(hugepage_kobj, &hugepage_attr_group);
    > goto out;
    > #endif

    Before after won't matter much I guess... If you really want to clean
    the code, I wonder what is exactly the point of those dummy functions
    if we can't call those outside of #ifdefs. I mean a cleanup that adds
    more #ifdefs when there are explicit dummy functions which I assume
    are meant to be used outside of #ifdef CONFIG_SYSFS doesn't sound so
    clean in the first place. I understand you need to refactor the code
    above to call those outside of #ifdefs but hey if you're happy with
    #ifdef I'm happy too :). It just looks fishy to read sysfs.h dummy
    functions and #ifdefs. When I wrote the code I hardly could have
    wondered about the sysfs #ifdefs but at this point it's only cleanups
    I'm seeing so I actually noticed that.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-11-10 04:11    [W:0.021 / U:3.080 seconds]