    SubjectRe: Geode LX boot fails after x86 microcode revision change
    On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Petkov, Borislav
    <> wrote:
    > This could definitely explain why it hangs, the rdmsr_safe call is
    >  in early_init_amd(), so it could really be too early for exception tables.

    I think this is almost certainly the cause too. The symptoms of this
    issue are exactly the same as the early boot hang once discussed in a
    thread titled "Dynamic nop selection breaks boot on Geode LX" (which
    you wrote to as well) which was a problem of running code before
    having exception tables set up.

    I haven't yet run your tests except for "rdmsr 0x8b" which returns
    "pread: Input/output error" - let me know if you would still like
    results from the other tests.

      Last update: 2011-11-08 23:19    [W:0.019 / U:14.840 seconds]