    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] ib_srpt: Initial SRP Target merge for v3.2-rc1
    From
    On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
    <nab@linux-iscsi.org> wrote:
    > On Sat, 2011-11-05 at 08:37 +0100, Bart Van Assche wrote:
    >> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
    >> <nab@linux-iscsi.org> wrote:
    >> > This is the PULL request for an initial merge of the ib_srpt driver
    >> > using mainline target infrastructure into v3.2-rc1.
    >>
    >> In case anyone is interested, the most important unaddressed comments
    >> for this version of ib_srpt are:
    >> - There are still too many module parameters. This makes ib_srpt
    >> harder to use than necessary because several of these parameters can
    >> only be set at module load time.
    >
    > Can you be more specific here..?  I went through the module parameters
    > and made the ones that where used in a per-port specific context into
    > configfs attributes as Roland recommended, but it seems like you are
    > saying that more should be made into attributes.  Which ones..?

    Several read-only kernel module parameters remain. That's fine in
    out-of-tree code since it will be compiled as a kernel module only.
    But anyone who tries to build with CONFIG_INFINIBAND_SRPT=y will
    notice that it's impossible to change the value of these read-only
    kernel module parameters.

    >> - The last WQE event can arrive before the queue pair is reset,
    >> resulting in a hanging session and blocking future logins
    >> (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-rdma@vger.kernel.org/msg09678.html).
    >
    > Yep, was going to get this resolved post merge along with my patch now
    > in lio-core.git to address active I/O shutdown with ib_srpt.

    Your "active I/O shutdown" patch does not address the "last WQE" issue.

    >> - The "ib_srpt: Convert srp_max_rdma_size into per port configfs
    >> attribute" contradicts the I/O controller concept. This is a bug.
    >> (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-rdma@vger.kernel.org/msg09677.html).
    >
    > As mentioned in the thread, I deferred to Roland's input on that one.
    > So you're saying this should be made back into a module parameter now,
    > or what..?

    I see two possible ways forward:
    - Convert the per-port max_rdma_size configfs variable into a
    per-module configfs variable.
    - Remove the max_rdma_size variable from configfs entirely and compute
    the max_rdma_size from the HCA properties in struct ib_device_attr.

    Bart.