    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] ib_srpt: Initial SRP Target merge for v3.2-rc1
    On Sat, 2011-11-05 at 08:37 +0100, Bart Van Assche wrote:
    > On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
    > <nab@linux-iscsi.org> wrote:
    > > This is the PULL request for an initial merge of the ib_srpt driver
    > > using mainline target infrastructure into v3.2-rc1.
    >
    > In case anyone is interested, the most important unaddressed comments
    > for this version of ib_srpt are:
    > - There are still too many module parameters. This makes ib_srpt
    > harder to use than necessary because several of these parameters can
    > only be set at module load time.

    Can you be more specific here..? I went through the module parameters
    and made the ones that where used in a per-port specific context into
    configfs attributes as Roland recommended, but it seems like you are
    saying that more should be made into attributes. Which ones..?

    > - The last WQE event can arrive before the queue pair is reset,
    > resulting in a hanging session and blocking future logins
    > (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-rdma@vger.kernel.org/msg09678.html).

    Yep, was going to get this resolved post merge along with my patch now
    in lio-core.git to address active I/O shutdown with ib_srpt.

    > - The "ib_srpt: Convert srp_max_rdma_size into per port configfs
    > attribute" contradicts the I/O controller concept. This is a bug.
    > (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-rdma@vger.kernel.org/msg09677.html).

    As mentioned in the thread, I deferred to Roland's input on that one.
    So you're saying this should be made back into a module parameter now,
    or what..?

    --nab

      Last update: 2011-11-05 19:07    [W:2.387 / U:0.528 seconds]