    SubjectRe: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)
    On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Junio C Hamano <> wrote:
    > Ahh, sorry for the noise. I realize that we already have a winner, namely,
    > the proposal outlined in your message I was responding to.

    No, no, don't consider my "put in the merge message" a winner at all.

    I personally dislike it, and don't really think it's a wonderful thing
    at all. I really does have real downsides:

    - internal signatures really *are* a disaster for maintenance. You
    can never fix them if they need fixing (and "need fixing" may well be
    "you want to re-sign things after a repository format change")

    - they are ugly as heck, and you really don't want to see them in
    99.999% of all cases.

    So putting those things iin the merge commit message may have some
    upsides, but it has tons of downsides too.

    I think your refs/audit/ idea should be given real thought, because
    maybe that's the right idea.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-11-03 20:13    [W:0.019 / U:3.828 seconds]