SubjectRe: [RFC Patch 1/2][slimdump] Append CRASH_REASON to VMCOREINFO elf-note
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 11:09:31PM +0530, K.Prasad wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:19:31AM -0500, Dave Anderson wrote:

Probably string is a better idea? Where do we do lookup to find out what
maps to what? This would require kernel exporting this info in a header
and then comes the issue of having same kernel version info. Or the issue
of analyzing kernel dumps on the same machine.

Storing a string will atleast help that one does not have to worry about
mapping error code. makedumpfile shall have to grep for exact same string
though.

Thanks
Vivek

  Last update: 2011-11-28 15:29    [W:0.085 / U:0.088 seconds]