    SubjectRe: GMA500 support
    On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Alan Cox wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:29:10 +0100
    > Kristoffer Ericson wrote:
    >> Greetings,
    >> Im syncing my gma500 tree to all the patches I see pass through the kernel mailinglist and
    >> its progressing well.
    >> However, It would be nice with an todo list or a more practical this-works list. I know
    >> its not a priority but would simplify alot for end users.
    > If you configure it in the following should work on GMA500/600
    > - internal laptop displays including backlight
    > - external svga

    Worth pointing out is that DDC for external displays isn't working until my
    fixes for SDVO gets in there. Manually setting a mode works fine. Otherwise
    you'll default to 1280x1024 (or was it 1024x768?).

    > - mode setting via KMS
    > - framebuffer console
    > - the framebuffer X server (and once out generally Dave Airlie's generic
    >  KMS X server)
    > - suspend/resume

    - Sync to vblank is supported on gma500

    > The following I know don't work
    > - Huge external displays so large they won't fit in 8MB at init time
    >  (causes a crash)
    > - Using the vesa X server with it - this confuses stuff and isn't
    >  fixable, it's a "wrong user configuration"
    > Unsupported
    > - 2D hardware acceleration except console scrolling (as it seems to be
    >  too slow to be useful). I may add some 2D bits later where they do help
    >  (eg back to front blitting may be worth it just about)
    > - 3D engine (no public documentation)
    > - Video playback acceleration. In theory there is enough info in the
    >  VAAPI code for GMA500/600 that has been published and in the old
    >  'binary X/source kernel' driver to do this but someone will have to
    >  work on it if they want it
    > - Dell Mini HDMI port. This seems to be some kind of external bridge
    >  chip. Being a TV luddite I don't yet own an HDMI capable display to
    >  test.

    I suspect this is just DVI with a HDMI connector. That is the case for Fit-PC2.
    It is hooked up to the SDVO and provides video but no audio.

    > And I'm sure we have a few bugs left !
    > Alan

      Last update: 2011-11-23 16:53    [W:0.032 / U:8.412 seconds]