    SubjectRe: GMA500 support
    On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:29:10 +0100
    Kristoffer Ericson <> wrote:

    > Greetings,
    > Im syncing my gma500 tree to all the patches I see pass through the kernel mailinglist and
    > its progressing well.
    > However, It would be nice with an todo list or a more practical this-works list. I know
    > its not a priority but would simplify alot for end users.

    If you configure it in the following should work on GMA500/600
    - internal laptop displays including backlight
    - external svga
    - mode setting via KMS
    - framebuffer console
    - the framebuffer X server (and once out generally Dave Airlie's generic
    KMS X server)
    - suspend/resume

    The following I know don't work
    - Huge external displays so large they won't fit in 8MB at init time
    (causes a crash)
    - Using the vesa X server with it - this confuses stuff and isn't
    fixable, it's a "wrong user configuration"

    - 2D hardware acceleration except console scrolling (as it seems to be
    too slow to be useful). I may add some 2D bits later where they do help
    (eg back to front blitting may be worth it just about)
    - 3D engine (no public documentation)
    - Video playback acceleration. In theory there is enough info in the
    VAAPI code for GMA500/600 that has been published and in the old
    'binary X/source kernel' driver to do this but someone will have to
    work on it if they want it
    - Dell Mini HDMI port. This seems to be some kind of external bridge
    chip. Being a TV luddite I don't yet own an HDMI capable display to

    And I'm sure we have a few bugs left !

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-11-23 12:29    [W:0.022 / U:97.492 seconds]