    SubjectRe: [RFC] Make Yama pid_ns aware
    On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Vasiliy Kulikov <> wrote:
    > As Yama's sysctls are about defining a security policy for the system,
    > it is reasonable to define it per container in case of LXC containers
    > (or out-of-tree alternatives like OpenVZ).  In my opinion they belong
    > to pid namespace.  With per-pid_ns sysctls it is possible to create
    > multiple containers with different ptrace, /tmp, etc. policies.

    Cool, this seems like a good idea. Thanks for the patch! If Serge (or
    other folks thinking about per-pid_ns stuff) think this is a good
    approach, I'm happy to include it in the next revision of the Yama

    > proc_pid_dointvec_minmax() is stolen from its ipc_ns equivalent in
    > ipc/ipc_sysctl.c.

    I wonder if this function should be moved into a common location, in
    case other things will want to do similar things.

    Kees Cook
    ChromeOS Security

      Last update: 2011-11-21 20:45    [W:0.027 / U:8.068 seconds]