SubjectRe: [PULL] virtio
Date
On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 14:42:23 +0200, "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 02:33:33PM +0200, Sasha Levin wrote:
> > A proper solution would be for example a configuration in the PIO config
> > space which points to the MMIO BAR to use instead.
>
> I think it makes sense to put the configuration in PCI
> configuration space, using vendor-specific capability.
> This way we can reuse existing functionality for scanning
> capability lists.

Patch welcome; first one to implement it becomes virtio PCI maintainer!
I'll keep maintaining the spec, since it covers much more than the PCI
mechanics, but everything I know about PCI I learn from these
discussions.

Meanwhile, I've dropped this patch; mea culpa.

> > Unless Michael pointed this patch out, it would have broken (at least)
> > the kvm tool in a non obvious way which would require a rather long
> > session of 'git bisect' to figure out whats wrong.

I assumed not, until QEMU provided the second BAR it would simply fall
back. Or am I completely misunderstanding?

Thanks,
Rusty.

  Last update: 2011-11-02 04:29    [W:0.153 / U:0.320 seconds]