SubjectRe: RFC: virtualbox tainting.
> What stops virtualbox developers from renaming the module in every
> release? That's the same story.
>
> The only fool-proof way of doing is indeed is the GPG-signing thing.

If you want to get into a sophisticated fight with someone over hiding
the presence of a module then that's a pointless exercise.

If you want to just make it easier to sort and detect out of tree modules
then fine but the only actual pressure you have controlling its
effectiveness is going to be the embarrasment of a vendor who gets caught
out. GPG is thus I think over-engineering it somewhat.

Alan

  Last update: 2011-10-07 12:07    [W:0.061 / U:1.220 seconds]