SubjectPEBTAO [ was Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0.6-rt17 ]
On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> Nice work Thomas!
>
> -- Steve
> --

This sig is obviously a total failure. Brevity would have been a
mail with a single line saying: "Nice work Thomas!"

If you insist on having a sig, then please change it to something
sensible like:

"This affront against netiquette is caused by PEBTAO"

PEBTAO is the Web 2.0 advancement of PEBKAC:

Problem Exists Between Touchscreen and Occiput

I know that you just wanted to taunt me after our IRC conversation,
but seriously the amount of horribly formatted mails on LKML starts to
be annoying.

If it would be only the "Sent from my .* phone" mails, it would be
easy to filter out in .procmailrc. The bad news is that this habit of
top posting and miserable quoting spreads like cancer and I have no
intention to cope with that anymore. Having to scroll down several
pages to find the content (if any) of a reply is equally annoying as
reading a top post with no context.

Darn, email is our main communication medium even if some people
think, that discussions on farcebook or gurgle+ are way better.

I don't care whether this new, hip form of communication is considered
cool and used in private or corporate context, but I care very much
about the sanity of my personal workflow and the efficiency of the
proven model.

A well considered N days delayed reply is way more worth than some
hastily cobbled together .*phone message which just proves that the
person owns such a thing and is permanentely "available".

Can we please go back to the established working model of keeping
stuff on mailing lists and follow the well established netiquette
instead of spreading those absurdities?

Thanks,

tglx

  Last update: 2011-10-08 01:17    [W:0.162 / U:0.108 seconds]