SubjectRe: RFC: virtualbox tainting.
On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 04:40:53PM +0200, Frank Mehnert wrote:

> I can understand that you would rather ignore bug reports from external
> kernel modules. On the other hand I don't like the TAINT_CRAP flag as
> you can probably imagine.
>
> Why not just mark external modules like Bastian Blank suggested? I can
> assure that we will not try circumvent a TAINT_OOT_MODULE flag.

Sure. The exact mechanism used doesn't matter to me.

> Please also note that we always have good relations to the open source
> community so feel free to point me an archive where all these kernel
> panic reports arrive which you've got.

Search through the fedora kernel bugs at bugzilla.redhat.com for 'vboxdrv'
or 'virtual box' (note to search for closed bugs as well as open ones).

> We fixed some bugs in our kernel
> modules in the past and it is even possible that some of the current
> bug reports are from older versions of VirtualBox which might have been
> fixed in the meantime.
>
> And of course, helpful and constructive critism is always appreciated.

If you'd like to be cc'd on those reports, I can add you to the bugs
when we go through them if you create a bugzilla account.

Dave

  Last update: 2011-10-07 17:13    [W:0.166 / U:0.732 seconds]