    SubjectRe: status: establishing a PGP web of trust
    On Thu, 6 Oct 2011, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 01:57:24AM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    > > Whatfor? To regain your account? Can you provide a single
    > > reason why that should happen?
    > >
    > > I can't think of one. You vanished away with a big bang and now you
    > > come back out of the blue and assume that you're a trusted person just
    > > by slapping a few signs on your key?
    > I would say I vanished silently after several big bangs with you and
    > other people and some other incidents, but that's not really relevant.
    > My main reason for regaining my account is that I heavily
    > used my address for kernel development (just check the
    > kernel history), and I was still getting emails to that.
    > Assuming the addresses will not vanish, I need accepted
    > credential for accessing that address.

    You seem to believe that the fact that you had a address is
    enough of a reason that it will be restored?

    > > As your idea of trust seems to be based on an ID card you better find
    > > some other place with people who are stupid enough to believe that
    > > technical measures can replace deep personal trust.
    > We are talking about the technical requirements for regaining an
    > account I was trusted to have before.

    As you might have noticed, the rules under which those accounts are
    given out have been changed and the change is not only a question of
    providing a signed gpg key.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-10-06 12:25    [W:0.020 / U:60.708 seconds]