SubjectRe: cgroup information proc file format
Quoting Glauber Costa (glommer@parallels.com):
> On 10/04/2011 06:05 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> >Quoting Glauber Costa (glommer@parallels.com):

> >>First: If we're doing that, why do we need that file in the first place?
> >
> >We might not :) But we might, if we want to offer containers a choice of
> >whether /proc/meminfo is the host's or the container's.
>
> Hi,
>
> Please allow me to clarify some points so we are in the same page
> (thus avoiding fragmentation =p )
>
> Are you quoting /proc/meminfo as an example only, or are you
> concerned specifically with this file? I myself am talking about
> proc files in general.

An example. But as we are talking in terms of cgroups, I assumed this
was only about procfiles representing resources affected by cgroups -
like /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/meminfo, /proc/devices...

> Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me now that we agree that
> there should be a mechanism determining whether or not to
> automatically show cgroup-restrained values in proc files.

Agreed.

> BTW, A file in each cgroup:
>
> /sys/fs/cgroup/memory/memory.restrict_proc_data (or any other name)
> /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/cpu.restrict_proc_data (or any other name)
> etc...
>
> works for me as well.

Cool.

-serge

  Last update: 2011-10-06 14:53    [W:0.037 / U:1.028 seconds]